Answered By: Teaching, Learning, and Academic Support Library Last Updated: Nov 16, 2023 Views: 9
Yes! Try searching in the Internet Archive (IA) for already digitized versions of books or book chapters. The IA could be helpful when a title isn’t readily available via the library’s collections, I-Share, or if an online copy is wanted. The IA is an invaluable resource for accessing content online.
The Internet Archive:
- Provides free full text access to public domain publications.
- As of January 1, 2023, these are items published in 1927 and earlier.
- Provides free full text access to in-copyright titles—yes, really! (after creating a free account)
- Includes international and non-English publications.
- Provides access to millions of eBooks and Texts—even modern ones!
- Offers multiple access points:
- Includes periodicals and special collections, e.g.:
- Provides access to so much more!