Answered By: University of Illinois Library
Last Updated: May 10, 2018     Views: 213

The University of Illinois's Center for Translation Studies does not offer translation and interpretation services except in rare situations. They forward these types of requests to professional organizations, such as those listed in these directories of qualified translators and interpreters:

  1. Midwest Association of Translators and Interpreters
  2. Illinois Supreme Court Language Interpreter Registry
  3. American Translators Association (includes interpreters)

When other options are not available, the Center for Translation Studies will evaluate individual requests. They are able to recommend students or faculty for translation and interpreting services only when they can be assured that they are well qualified and that proper working conditions will be provided. This happens only rarely, and these requests usually cannot be fulfilled within a short time period.

For more information, see the Center for Translation Studies translation requests page.

Contact Us

If the Ask a Librarian chat service is offline, visit the Ask a Librarian help page to find alternative contact methods.