Answered By: University of Illinois Library
Last Updated: Jun 17, 2020     Views: 79

For physical materials, you can apply for a library courtesy borrowing card.

Because of licensing agreements, the University's online resources are only available to University students, faculty, or staff. If you are visiting campus, you can access these subscription-based resources on the public computers available in each U of I library. For complete information on who can access e-resources, please review this e-resource policy page. If you are a visiting scholar or may be engaged in research on the university's behalf, it may be possible to gain External Affiliate status. The U of I Library has no connection to this process. You must have a sponsor employed by the U of I and they must apply on your behalf. Please see this web page from campus Technology Services for more information on this process.

Also see our guide on Publicly Available Research Resources for a list of free online research resources.


Contact Us

If the Ask a Librarian chat service is offline, visit the Ask a Librarian help page to find alternative contact methods.