Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Jun 29, 2020 Views: 1673
- ProQuest Historical Annual Reports is an excellent resource available in ABI/Inform Complete.
- On the advanced search page; click on the Change Databases tab near the top of the page.
- Uncheck ABI/Inform Complete and select ProQuest Historical Annual Reports, then click Use Selected Databases.
- Type the name of the company that interests you in one of the search fields, and choose "company/org" from the corresponding pull-down menu. Then hit the "search" button.
- Government filings are also available online through the "filings and forms" section of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's website.
- Do these resources include annual reports for both publicly traded and privately held companies?
- Publicly traded companies are required by law to make their annual reports available to the public. If you are researching a private company, you will likely not be able to get an annual report, but you should definitely check to see if a significant portion of the company is owned by a publicly-traded company as you can sometimes uncover some information through a parent company's annual reports.