Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Apr 22, 2020 Views: 2051
SDC Platinum is a suite of databases produced by Thomson Reuters. It is used for event studies or time-series observations, mainly for strategy, but also for organizational studies. Illinois has access to following databases in the suite and their time coverage:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- US Targets, 1979-last 30 days of the current year
- International Targets, 1985-last 30 days of the current year
- Joint Ventures and Alliances
- 1988-last 30 days of the current year
- New Issues
- U.S. Domestic Public Offer, 1970 to present.
- International (Euro & International Markets), 1983 to present.
- Asian Pacific Domestic, 1991 to present
SDC is available for UIUC current students and faculty to use for academic purposes on extensive time-series research through Business Information Services; appointment to use it is required. Make sure to bring a flash drive for downloading. (NOTE: Please break down large data sets into smaller chunks. Otherwise the download will time out. Start by choosing a 5 year window and a few industries.)
To inquire further please contact: email@example.com