Answered By: RIS Library Last Updated: Apr 27, 2017 Views: 1
Answered By: RIS Library
Last Updated: Apr 27, 2017 Views: 1
Interracial families include those where family members have differing ethnicities due to adoption, and those in which the biological mother and father have different ethnic backgrounds.
- Search the library catalog.
- Use "juvenile" as subject term, with other search terms such as: interracial marriage, interracial adoption, intercountry adoption, racially mixed children, racially mixed people, adopt *insert ethnic group/region/etc.*
- If using Classic search, limit by Center for Children's Books (CCB), the Social Science, Health, and Education Library (SSHEL), and University High School.
- Locate book titles in bibliographies (citation chasing).
- SSHEL has created a guide to bibliographies for children's books.
- Search NoveList database, which is a database that provides subject heading access, reviews, annotations, etc. for fiction books of all ages.
- In advanced search you can limit to grade level and audience.
- Search Children's Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD).
- Use search terms as listed above.
- You can limit to age and grade level.