Answered By: University of Illinois Library
Last Updated: Aug 22, 2018     Views: 12

Sometimes articles are not written in the language the patron uses or prefers. Luckily, there is a service on campus that can help with translation! The Center for Translation Studies can provide translation and interpretative services or refer to other professional organizations. They typically prefer to refer patrons to certified members of the Midwest Association of Translators and Interpreters, the Illinois Supreme Court Language Interpreter Registry, or the American Translators Association. The Center’s full policy on translation and interpretation can be found here. They can be reached at 217-244-7455 or

Contact Us

If the Ask a Librarian chat service is offline, visit the Ask a Librarian help page to find alternative contact methods.