Answered By: University of Illinois Library Last Updated: May 10, 2018 Views: 52
The answers to all of these questions can be found by looking in the Library Catalog under My Account. Creating a library account allows you to request books from the University of Illinois catalog and I-Share, save materials to your Favorites, view and renew the items you have checked out, and view fines. Creating a library account is also necessary to request books through I-Share.
When you log into your account there is a side menu with the following options, along with several others:
- Checked Out Items - Lists your currently checked out items and lets you renew them online.
- Requested Items - View and manage the requests you've placed. Check if an item is ready to pick up (you'll receive an email notification the following day).
- Fines - U of I library fines, fees and replacement charges are recorded here until a bill is issued. For more information see the library's Overdue and Lost Items page. If you have questions about a bill, contact the Library Billing Office at email@example.com or (217) 333-8288.
- Contact Information - Lists your name, mailing address, and email.
- Preferences - Choose the default location to be used when you request an item be held for pick up. Save time when you text call numbers to yourself from the catalog by setting your cell phone number and provider.
See the Using the Library Catalog guide for more information on how to set up your library account.