Answered By: University of Illinois Library Last Updated: Apr 12, 2017 Views: 566
For online access to the New York Times:
1. Go to the University Library homepage and click on Databases and Journals underneath the Easy Search box. Then select Online Journals & Databases.
2. Search for the New York Times and select New York Times [0362-4331].
3. Once you are on the "Full Text and Linking Services" page, click the link that says "Full text available via LexisNexis Academic." Another similar window will open up and you will need to click the link "Full text available via LexisNexis Academic" again.
4. Select "Advanced Options" underneath the Search box. Then select "Date is today" from the dropdown box on the left. Click apply.
5. Search for the title of the article you are looking for. If you would like to see all articles published today, click "Search" without typing anything in the search box.
A print edition of today's NYT (as well as several other major metropolitan newspapers) is available at the Communications Library.