Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Jun 09, 2017 Views: 12
Go to Business Source Complete.
- For the Fortune 500, enter 'largest U.S. corporations' into the first search box.
- In the 'Limit your results' section, type 'Fortune' into the search box next to 'Publication.'
- For rankings of the Fortune 1000 by industries, enter "ranked within industries" into the first search box and click search.
Also go to Fortune and choose FORTUNE 500
Forbes also has rankings of companies.
For rankings of metropolitan areas by population look at the U.S. Census Metropolitan and Micropolitan website.
- Select a year under 'Population Estimates.'
- Look for rankings under 'Population Change and Rankings.'
Lastly; you might take a look at these print materials: D&B Million Dollar Directory (Q. 658 D913mi) located in the Main Stacks; D&B Principal International Businesses (Q. 382 P9351) located in the Main Stacks; and Ward's Business Directory (Q. 338.7402573 W217) available by request from Oak Street.