Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Jun 12, 2017 Views: 5
Answered By: Business Information Services
Last Updated: Jun 12, 2017 Views: 5
- The Statistical Abstract of the United States has several tables about "firm births and deaths" in the "business enterprise" section.
- The United States Small Business Administration has some helpful resources. The SBA's Small Business Economy Reports include business bankruptcies, among other things. The SBA also maintains a table of employer firm births and deaths by employment size of firm, which covers the years 1989 through 2007.
- Historical Statistics of the United States includes a table about business formation and failures from 1857 to 1970, which can be found on pages 912-913 of the second volume. Click on the 'HathiTrust Digital Library' link to access online.
In Bloomberg you can find a company's Z-score (bankruptcy predictor). Search Bloomberg, available in the Market Information Lab (MIL) at the Business Instructional Facility (BIF).
- Enter the ticker symbol and hit the EQUITY key.
- Then enter AZS and press GO.