Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Feb 04, 2019 Views: 50
For historical betas use Bloomberg, located in the Margolis Market Information Lab (MIL) at the Business Instructional Facility (BIF).
- Type the company's ticker symbol.
- Then hit the EQUITY key.
- Type BETA.
Also go to WRDS, available through Business Information Services.
- Click on CRSP
- Select Indices and Deciles
- Select Portfolio Assignments
- Step One: Choose a Year-end Beta Assignment
- Step Two: Choose a Date Range
- Step Three: Enter a Ticker Symbol
- Step Four: Choose Beta Value (BETAV) and Date
- Submit your request
- Betas are available back to 1962
To inquire further please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also see Value Line
For betas dating before 1997, see Value Line in microform:
- MFICHE 332.605 VALE in Oak Street (going back to 1980)
- FILM 332.605 VAL in the History, Philosophy, and Newspaper Library (1953, 1969-1979)
Also, see Global Financial Data (GFD) (select Login Anonymously)
Some of these databases are reserved for University of Illinois faculty and student use for academic purposes only. To inquire further, please contact: email@example.com