Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: May 03, 2016 Views: 9
For historical betas use Bloomberg; located in the Margolis Market Information Lab (MIL) at the Business Instructional Facility (BIF).
- Type the company's ticker symbol.
- Then hit the EQUITY key.
- Type BETA.
Also go to WRDS; located in the Margoils Market Information Lab (MIL) at the Business Instructional Facility (BIF)
- Click on CRSP
- Select Indices and Deciles
- Select Portfolio Assignments
- Step One: Choose a Year-end Beta Assignment
- Step Two: Choose a Date Range
- Step Three: Enter a Ticker Symbol
- Step Four: Choose Beta Value (BETAV) and Date
- Submit your request
- Betas are available back to 1962
Also see Value Line
For betas dating before 1997; see Value Line in microform:
- MFICHE 332.605 VALE in Oak Street (going back to 1980)
- FILM 332.605 VAL in the History; Philosophy; and Newspaper Library (1953; 1969-1979)
Also; see Global Financial Data (GFD)
Some of these databases are reserved for University of Illinois faculty and student use for academic purposes only. To inquire further; please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org