Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Oct 11, 2016 Views: 25
For specific deals; use:
- SDC Platinum: SDC Platinum is available in the Digital Research Library (DRL) at Room 113 Wohlers Hall; (For academic use)
- Bloomberg: Bloomberg is available in the Margolis Market Information Lab (MIL) at the Business Instructional Facility (BIF).Access Bloomberg; type MA and hit GO
For articles; news and analysis on M&A; Leveraged Buyout; etc.; search:
- use "acquisitions & mergers" as subject heading; or click on "look up subject headings" to find more related subject headings;
- you can also click on related searches to get more results.
- EBSCO BSC: use "mergers" as subject terms; click on search.
- Lexis/Nexis: go to advanced options; look up Index Terms; type "merger" to find subject results; click OK - add to search.
- OneSource: go to "News & Reports" tab; type "merger*" as the keyword ( merger and an asterisk* ) ; uncheck "News" and check "Analysts' Reports"; submit search.
Also; see the following:
- Mergent: go to "Government Filings" tab; select "Corporate Action-M&A" as filing type; then click on search.
Use the following texts for research:
- Directory of Buyout Financing Sources (1996)--332.102573 D6282; available at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) Library Main Stacks.
- The Art of M & A : A Merger/Acquisition/Buyout Guide; by Stanley Foster Reed; Alexandra Reed Lajoux; and H. Peter Nesvold -- 658.16 R251a2007; located in the Main Stacks.
- The Mergers & acquisitions handbook--658.16 M54231994; located in the Main Stacks.