Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Jun 13, 2017 Views: 25
For specific deals, use:
- SDC Platinum: SDC Platinum is available in the Digital Research Library (DRL) at Room 113 Wohlers Hall, (For academic use)
- Bloomberg: Bloomberg is available in the Margolis Market Information Lab (MIL) at the Business Instructional Facility (BIF).Access Bloomberg, type MA and hit GO
For articles, news and analysis on M&A, Leveraged Buyout, etc., search:
- use "acquisitions & mergers" as subject heading, or click on "look up subject headings" to find more related subject headings.
- you can also click on related searches to get more results.
- EBSCO BSC: use "mergers" as subject terms, click on search.
- Lexis/Nexis: go to advanced options, look up Index Terms, type "merger" to find subject results, click OK - add to search.
- OneSource: go to "News & Reports" tab, type "merger*" as the keyword ( merger and an asterisk* ) , uncheck "News" and check "Analysts' Reports", submit search.
Also, see the following:
- Mergent: go to "Government Filings" tab, select "Corporate Action-M&A" as filing type, then click on search.
Use the following texts for research:
- Directory of Buyout Financing Sources (1996)--332.102573 D6282, available at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) Library Main Stacks.
- The Art of M & A : A Merger/Acquisition/Buyout Guide, by Stanley Foster Reed, Alexandra Reed Lajoux, and H. Peter Nesvold -- 658.16 R251a2007, located in the Main Stacks.
- The Mergers & acquisitions handbook--658.16 M54231994, located in the Main Stacks.