Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Dec 06, 2016 Views: 51
Some information on patents can be found in Lexis Nexis Academic Universe.
- Click the Search by Subject or Topic menu located directly above the search box; select Patent Search
- Search for the title or patent number
Also; look at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office - USPTO. The office's Patent Statistics Reports Available for Viewing includes statistics on patents by class; by year; by geographic origin; by patenting organization; by inventor; and by patent activity. Two reports; U.S. Patent Activity 1790 - Present and U.S. Patent Statistics Report may be of particular interest.
PATENTS AND TRADEMARKS WEBSITES
- Derwent--some free information.
- European Patent Office (EPO)
- GOOGLE Patent Search
- Intellectual Property Mall--Franklin Pierce Law Center
- NBER U.S Patent Citations--National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Pantros IP (formerly Patent Cafe)--requires log in
- U.S. Copyright Office
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- USPTO Glossary
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Also; see the University Library's Online Reference Collection. Click copyright & fair use to uncover several useful resources. For additional resources; visit UIUC's Online Journals & Databases. Try searching for a word like "patents."
Please note: pending patent applications are included in Derwent and USPTO. However; applications are not published until 18 months after the application is filed.