Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Nov 29, 2017 Views: 74
Some information on patents can be found in Nexis Uni
- From the hom page do a search for the patent name. From there, under 'Publican Type' on the left hand side, select 'Patent Filings' and the results will appear.
Also; look at the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office - USPTO. The office's Patent Statistics Reports Available for Viewing includes statistics on patents by class; by year; by geographic origin; by patenting organization; by inventor; and by patent activity. Two reports; U.S. Patent Activity 1790 - Present and U.S. Patent Statistics Report may be of particular interest.
Patents and Trademarks Websites
- Derwent--some free information.
- European Patent Office (EPO)
- Google Patent Search
- Intellectual Property Mall--Franklin Pierce Law Center
- NBER U.S Patent Citations--National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Pantros IP (formerly Patent Cafe)--requires log in
- U.S. Copyright Office
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- USPTO Glossary
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Also see the library's Copyright Reference Guide for several useful resources on copyright and fair use. For additional resources visit U of I's Online Journals and Databases. Try searching for a word like "patents."
Please note: pending patent applications are included in Derwent and USPTO. However applications are not published until 18 months after the application is filed.