Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Dec 06, 2016 Views: 303
- ProQuest Historical Annual Reports is an excellent resource available in ABI/Inform Complete.
- On the advanced search page; click on the Change Databases tab near the top of the page.
- Uncheck ABI/Inform Complete and select ProQuest Historical Annual Reports, then click Use Selected Databases.
- Type the name of the company that interests you in one of the search fields, and choose "company/org" from the corresponding pull-down menu. Then hit the "search" button.
- LexisNexis Academic also contains annual reports.
- Click the "search by subject of topic" button directly above the red search box. Select SEC Filings under the Companies heading.
- In the new search screen, select Advanced Options located directly below the red search box. A number of filings will be offered, check the Annual Reports box or the box for the report you are seeking. You will see the search terms you just specified appear under the search bar. Finally, type the name of the company you are seeking information for and click the search button.
- Mergent also has annual reports.
- Start by looking up a company; using the "company search" window on the left side of the home page.
- Once you have found a company and reached its "company details" page; click the "filings" tab. You will see a table containing details of the company's recent filings. The icons in the "view documents" tab will provide you with various formats for viewing the filings.
- If the filing you are looking for is more than 90 days old; you will need to use the EDGAR search function. In the "company search" section; select the Government Filings tab near the top of the page and enter a company name or ticker symbol.
- In the "filing date search" section; specify a time frame for your search. Finally; in the "filing type" section; specify what type of filings you are interested in. (Again; Form 10-K is the government-required annual report for publicly-traded companies.)
- Government filings are also available online through the "filings and forms" section of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's website.
- You may also wish to look up microform and microfiche of annual reports in the library catalog and the collections at:
- Do these resources include annual reports for both publicly traded and privately held companies?
- Publicly traded companies are required by law to make their annual reports available to the public. If you are researching a private company, you will likely not be able to get an annual report, but you should definitely check to see if a significant portion of the company is owned by a publicly-traded company as you can sometimes uncover some information through a parent company's annual reports.