Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Feb 16, 2017 Views: 47
SDC Platinum is a suite of databases produced by Thomson Reuters. It is used for event studies or time-series observations; mainly for strategy; but also for organizational studies. Illinois has access to following databases in the suite and their time coverage:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- US Targets; 1979-last 30 days of the current year
- International Targets; 1985-last 30 days of the current year
- Joint Ventures and Alliances
- 1988-last 30 days of the current year
- New Issues
- U.S. Domestic Public Offer; 1970 to present.
- International (Euro & International Markets); 1983 to present.
- Asian Pacific Domestic; 1991 to present
SDC is available for COB doctoral students and faculty in the COB Digital Research Library in 113 Wohlers Hall. Make sure to bring a flash drive for downloading.(NOTE:Please break down large data sets into smaller chunks. Otherwise; the download will time out. Start by choosing a 5 year window and a few industries.)
SDC is reserved for University of Illinois faculty and student use for academic purposes only. To inquire further; please contact: email@example.com