Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Jun 13, 2017 Views: 86
SDC Platinum is a suite of databases produced by Thomson Reuters. It is used for event studies or time-series observations, mainly for strategy, but also for organizational studies. Illinois has access to following databases in the suite and their time coverage:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- US Targets, 1979-last 30 days of the current year
- International Targets, 1985-last 30 days of the current year
- Joint Ventures and Alliances
- 1988-last 30 days of the current year
- New Issues
- U.S. Domestic Public Offer, 1970 to present.
- International (Euro & International Markets), 1983 to present.
- Asian Pacific Domestic, 1991 to present
SDC is available for COB doctoral students and faculty in the COB Digital Research Library in 113 Wohlers Hall and in the Margolis Market Information Lab. Make sure to bring a flash drive for downloading. (NOTE: Please break down large data sets into smaller chunks. Otherwise the download will time out. Start by choosing a 5 year window and a few industries.)
SDC is reserved for University of Illinois faculty and student use for academic purposes only. To inquire further please contact: email@example.com