Answered By: Business Information Services Last Updated: Jan 30, 2018 Views: 385
SDC Platinum is a suite of databases produced by Thomson Reuters. It is used for event studies or time-series observations, mainly for strategy, but also for organizational studies. Illinois has access to following databases in the suite and their time coverage:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- US Targets, 1979-last 30 days of the current year
- International Targets, 1985-last 30 days of the current year
- Joint Ventures and Alliances
- 1988-last 30 days of the current year
- New Issues
- U.S. Domestic Public Offer, 1970 to present.
- International (Euro & International Markets), 1983 to present.
- Asian Pacific Domestic, 1991 to present
SDC is available for COB doctoral students and faculty through Business Information Services and in the Margolis Market Information Lab. Make sure to bring a flash drive for downloading. (NOTE: Please break down large data sets into smaller chunks. Otherwise the download will time out. Start by choosing a 5 year window and a few industries.)
SDC is reserved for University of Illinois faculty and student use for academic purposes only. To inquire further please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org